Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Places to go and Things to see

Sophie has been on the move, folks!! She LOVES to stand up so she'll go from one object to another and pull herself up - ALL DAY LONG. I would say that she'll be walking with in the next month, but I know as soon as I say it she'll make a liar out of me! Sophie does things on her time and not a minute sooner - or later for that matter! I am beginning to see how her birth is going to be the story of her life! I was in labor for 16 hrs (14 hrs of hard labor). From 8:30pm-11:30am I was stuck at 3cm. At 1pm I was fully dilated. She was ready. After the nurses kept me from pushing for TWENTY minutes so the doctor could get there, the dr walked in and 15 mins later she was out. I was ready to have her here!! The last part is to show where she gets her stubbornness from, ha! My mom said that she looked down and saw that look on my face - which she knew well from my teenage years - and KNEW I was getting that baby out NOW! I can be stubborn about doing something when I'm ready. (My stubbornness is REALLY something I have to constantly work on!) For example, in high school a bunch of us went cliff jumping - ok, there aren't any cliffs in FL...it was some kind of REALLY deep sink whole. Safe I know! It took them about 15 mins to convince me to jump and only then would I do it if my bf would do it too. Well, he started counting and was at "2" and I jumped! I was ok, but almost threw him over. I was ready to go THEN and if I waited I knew I wouldn't do it. All of that to say, "What goes around, comes around!"

There is nothing really too exciting going on in our lives! Everything is pretty quiet and we welcome it after the EVENTFUL past two and half years! I think that I have had every "life stressor" during that time and I'm pretty sure God knew that I needed to have things settled for a bit. My personality craves change and something to do so it's been a learning experience to just be still! However, Joe graduates in May and we might be having some changes again! I'll keep you updated! And no I'm not pregnant :)!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Sarah,
My mom actually got Harper's chair at Home Goods. She went on a great search after seeing the Pottery Barn ones. Good luck.

Also I think it's great that you travel so much with Sophie. Babies get used to it and I think it makes it easier in the long run if they know how to adjust and learn to go with the flow. I also think it makes them excited for trips as they get older.

The Quesenberry Family said...

Oh perfect, we have a Home Goods near us! Thanks!

Thanks! I've tried to take advantage of this opportunity! I don't know if I'll br brave enough to travel as much with two! That's why I'm praying that we can move closer to my mom!