Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hello Kentucky...AGAIN!

Sophie and I are scheduled to fly out this afternoon to Kentucky again. This time it is to see my sister! Her husband is doing a 3 week work trip to Belgium so she is coming to KY...YAY! If you think of it say a quick prayer for her because traveling that far with a 22 month old can be very exhausting...for both of them :)! Also say a prayer for Sophie and I as we have been battling the flu - I think - since this weekend. I would not be going except Allegiant Airlines isn't willing to work with me. I would pretty much either have to count my loss or buy a new ticket. Being the stubborn person that I am I refuse to do either of those since they will bring no positive outcomes! So I am going to brave the hr and half flight and PRAY that I'm not a complete moron for doing this. I'm also farely certain that they people with in range of me would appreciate that I stay home. Sorry, folks, I am really am! But I love my sister too much and this is the only way I will be seeing her for at least a year so...I'm leaving on the jet plane!

Let me just give a quick shout out to my FABULOUS husband!! This flu bug hit me out of no where! I literally was feeling fine and the next minute I felt horrible!! That was Saturday night. Let me also mention that Sophie had been feeling yucky Saturday as well. Trying to take care of her took everything out of me! I was zapped! Not only did Joe get up with Sophie during the night Sunday, but he also stayed home from work on Monday!! I woke up to Sophie crying and was literally praying that God would give me the strength to get out of bed and not fall because my body felt like pure jello! That's when I heard Joe's voice! Talk about relief!!! He had gotten up with her earlier with out me even asking him to and called into work. He took care of her all day so that I could stay in bed!! Thank you SO VERY MUCH, Joe!!! You're my hero ;)!

1 comment:

ErieContrary said...

Yay for sister time!! I hope you have a BLAST! Also, Joe gets husband of the week award...that was sooooo thoughtful of him!