Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

Wow! I'm actually posting about Easter on Easter and not two months later :)! We had a pretty laid back Easter Sunday. We went to church this morning, came home for Sophie's nap, and then went to Cracker Barrel. I wanted to make a big "to do" for lunch, buuuttt I got distracted by some incredible shopping yesterday and ran out of time to go to the grocery store. That's a good excuse, right :)?? Speaking of which - I actually found an Easter dress. Surprise, Surprise! The girls, however, ended up wearing the same dresses they wore to my Dad and Teddie's wedding. The dresses I had originally bought them didn't match my dress very well.

Here are some pictures of our day!





Sophie takes early naps, so Sundays are always hard on her. We usually don't get home too late after her scheduled nap time, but we bring her right in and put her down - no piddle paddling around - straight to bed she goes! She is NOT one of those children that can skip naps. EVER. Below you will see what happens when we push her. (For the record - her tantrums are MUCH, MUCH better! She rarely has them and when she does it's usually because she is tired! Maybe I'll post on what I feel worked to end these fits because Lord have mercy I thought I would NEVER get her out of those!)

We gave up on getting any good pictures. Ha! I didn't laugh in front of her because I would never want her to think that her tantrums are funny, but look at her sprawled out like her life was ending! So dramatic!

Both my girls are Mama's girls and looovve for me to hold them! My predictions were right - you can find me most parts of the day holding them both! Which has done wonders for my back.

There is a southern saying that goes, "The bigger the bow, the better the Mama"! Well, I must be one darn good Mama from the looks of that bow ;) - KIDDING!



Hope every one had a terrific Easter!

No comments: