Thursday, August 13, 2009

My baby is growing up!

I was just looking through my album from the summer on FB. I went to the first picture of Sophie which was taken at the beginning of June. I was SHOCKED at how teeny she looked. I guess being with her everyday I don't see the drastic changes in Sophie. Even though I know that they are taking place I just don't see it as obviously as others may. She has lost that little baby look. She now is favoring like looks of a toddler more than anything. She has developmentally taken off the past couple of weeks. I have to admit that it is bittersweet. I love that she is healthy, but have a twinge of sadness that it is all passing so quickly. I have never been one of those mothers that wishes things to pass. Even when I was getting absolutely no sleep I wasn't not living for the next stage because I knew that I would never get those moments back and that Sophie even though she is still totally dependent on me is learning independence - if that makes sense. It hit me today that every day Sophie is gaining independence and one day she'll have enough to make it on her own. Learning independence doesn't start in middle school, high school, etc...it's a little bit everyday from the day they're born. There is so much that Sophie can do now that I had to do for her when she was younger. Sorry...didn't mean to get in to that...it was just my revelation for the day. Anyways...here are the pictures to compare her growth...
Sophie LOVES to bang things. She is constantly grabbing and feeling everything. Eventually she will start banging on it. Well, my mother decided to let her play the piano. Sophie LOVED it!Sophie really likes music as well -when I was pregnant with her she would go crazy moving all around whenever she heard music!...so she gets to do two things she loves at once, ha! She also loves to have her feet propped up...yes, she finally has at least one thing from me :). The pictures below are priceless!

No comments: