Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It continues to amaze me how much more productive I am when I make a list. If I don’t make lists then I’m completely disorganized and will end up confusing up from down. So last night I sat down and organized a list of what needs to be packed each night since our big move is Saturday (if everything goes accordingly). This seemed a little dorky to my husband, but I assured him that he wouldn’t want to see our house with out that list! Not to mention all that would go missing from our house. My family is convinced that there is an abyss where all my missing items are because I lose things quickly if I am not organized, but that is another topic all together! I wonder what it is about that list that makes me work so much more effectively and productively. I think it has something to do with having a goal. A goal helps me know what I need to accomplish, organize a plan of how to achieve this goal, and how much time I have to complete the task. It is the best feeling when you reach this goal. Every night it’s like a little victory! I feel amazing when I go to bed and I sleep so much better! All because of a simple list!

Now about packing…I HATE it!! I have packed my house ELEVEN TIMES in FIVE AND HALF YEARS! Granted those moves weren’t very big moves since I was in college and had roommates and mostly consisted of me moving my stuff a couple miles down the street, but none the less it is RIDICULOUS! I’ve always been a very “settled” person. I can’t live in a house where everything is not in its exact place (I have slacked on this since I’ve been pregnant! Some how sleep was more important). So it is killing me that our house in completely torn apart and it’s only been 2 days! This is why I waited so long in the first place to start packing…because I would rather bust my tail to do it in one week and not have to look at an undone house for any longer! I can not wait until this weekend when I start having an organized house again! Not to mention that I am so proud of the little house that will be ours!! I am so completely amazed once again at how much God has blessed us! I know now that building would have been disastrous! I do not know of specific incidences that would have happened I just have that peace when you know that God just saved you from something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, a baby! it is so good to see a familiar face. I hope you are doing well. let me know how everything is.