Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh my word...I'm an adult?!

I woke up the other morning wondering when it was that I became an adult? It seemed to happen over night. I mean sure I've graduated college, begun a full time job, gotten married, paid my own bills for over a year now, but none of these things made me feel like an "adult". Some how buying a house and the pending arrival of a person who will be completely and totally dependant on me really made the whole adult thing definite. There is no way of returning, no vacation, just raw reality. The reality of a burden of providing a good and secure life for a tiny person. Being a parent is such a HUGE responsibility! One that I do not know how people face with out the peace and safety of Christ! It is not something you can do with out Him! Maybe parents never feel prepared for this task. Maybe that is how it is suppose to be..."His strength is made perfect in our weakness". Maybe we are suppose to feel inadequate so that we rely totally on Christ for the answers. This is where I find my comfort; to know that Joe and I do not have to do it on our own. Well, sorry for the venting session.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your thoughts on adult life... especially on becoming a mommy! I'm so glad that we get to experience this so close to each other (I mean close timewise, sadly not geographically).

vramey said...

To my Sara, the adult:
Yes, Sara because these little ones do not come with a manual and each one is so unigue, parenting is full of unsure footing. But I am sure of one thing: you will be a great Mom! You are so full of love, have a heart for children, and the realization that where our strength ends, His strength begins.

And besides you have roleplayed being a Mom for many years.

Always remember that time and love are the most important ingredients in raising a child. Shower that baby with both and point them to the Perfect Love--everything will be just fine.

Sarah Holland said...

I'm so glad you have a blog now! Yay!

I love reading/talking to you about stuff like this. I feel the same way, and I'm not even pregnant yet! Haha. I know its scary, but you are going to be an AMAZING mom to a fabulous baby girl. I can't wait to meet her :)