Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh so fitting

I appropriately forgot one of the biggest lessons learned during my first year of motherhood....PREGNANCY BRAIN IS REAL AND IT DOES LAST FOR A FULL YEAR AFTER YOU HAVE THE BABY!! I had a terrible case of pregnancy brain! It was awful! I was making up words or forgetting them all together! The worst was my spelling. I've always been a great speller. That went out with the pee that went onto the stick! I am very grateful for my family and friends that waited patiently as I tried my darnedest to get out a semi coherent sentence! While I was waiting for my doctor at one of my appointments I read an article about how real pregnancy brain is. I was very tempted to have it laminated and wear it as a necklace. I thought that would be too much...as if just the lip liner on the forgotten lipstick lips hadn't crossed that line, ha! All of this was to bring me to the actually point of the blog...I totally had Angelina Jolie down as angelie or something like that in my previous post, haha!!! I just about hyperventilated when I saw what I had done. When I was typing it I knew it wasn't quite right, but couldn't figure out what it was. My sister and I always talk about how our post-pregnancy brain gets it almost right, but not really. Oh dear, the way I look at it I'm just going to be "out of touch" for the next 8 years of my life until I am done having kids. Oh what joys my husband as to look forward to!

No comments: