Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let's talk tables...


If only I could describe the anguish that went into the table in Sophie's room. My mother and I looked FOR HOURS before Sophie was born looking for that perfect table...with no luck! Finally we decided to get one of those cheap, wood tables that you put together and get a super cute table cloth to go over it. Not too hard, right?! Umm...NO! We seriously spent an entire day dedicated to finding this forsaken table cloth. No, I probably should confess that I had a specific idea in mind and when I get an idea stuck in my head I'm not happy until I have THAT. I don't even remember now what the idea was so it obviously wasn't that spectacular of an idea :). Anywho...we ended up having to cut Sophie's curtains to get the length that we wanted so we just used the left over material to make a table cloth. Worked great until I noticed the thing was covered in stains. I'm assuming that the stains were from me putting bottles, meds, etc when needed on it. Well, I washed it and then dried it...BIG mistake - I know...y'all probably saw that one coming :). Ok, this post is getting a little too detailed about a table so I'll get on with my point :)....


Sarah (Corder) Holland sent me a picture of a table that she thought would be cute in Sophie's room. I fell in love at first sight! And let me just say that most things creative that you see me do probably was Sarah's idea. That girl is fabulous with anything fun! I wish I could steal some of her creative powers :). The picture above is what she sent me. Please don't judge my table after seeing this one, ha! I'm not one for krafty things. I LOVE it, but never can seem to find the patience or focus to actually do them. That is going to change though and this was my first project.
I'm also going to get Sarah to give me a crash course in blogging because I can't ever seem to get things right with my pictures. It's so frustrating!! Anywho...I'll do a separate post for the pictures of my table.

2 comments:

ErieContrary said...

LOVE that table!! Sarah has good taste, and I'm sure you are going to rock your first project! Hmmm....I may have to get Sarah to start thinking of ideas for me too...or you can just pass any really good ones along. :)

Lindsey said...

That table looks cute! I'm the same way about an idea though and it can be disappointing when my craftiness doesn't produce what I want it to (which happens in most cases).