Friday, December 12, 2008

I can't think of a good title

I have completed my first week of unemployment. It's been interesting and very unproductive. For some one that feels they always have to be doing something this has been a weird week. I have not felt like doing ANYTHING! I went through a period where I was going every where and hanging out with every one that I possible could because I knew that once the baby comes hanging out with friends would never be the same. I was running around like crazy at our house trying to get everything just so. Now, however, I feel as if I am "settling in" as Joe described it last night. I think that because the house is just as it needs to be to welcome our bundle of joy home, and the realization that Joe and I have a limited time left with just the two of us has made me long for quiet times. I want to spend as much time hanging out with Joe in our home. Obviously, we did not have much time as newly weds and it does sadden me to some degree. So now quiet nights is what I long for! Luckily my dear friend, Erica - who stayed the week with us - was such a great house guest and went along with out complaining. Poor girl, she was probably bored out of her mind and thinks we are the most uninteresting couple out there! I have to admit that this doing nothing thing has been wonderful! I have read that right before labor a baby will be less active because they are storing up their strength for coming into this world. Maybe that is what is going on with me. I am getting ready to bring a baby into this world so I'm storing up energy. We will go with that...it sounds better than just being lazy :0)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, when I read that you're "doing nothing", I had to laugh -- you're doing a miraculous something, putting the finishing touches on a baby! It is good to save up your energy and take as many naps as your heart desires! I'm so glad you're having some quiet time with Joe now!
I love you.... every day, Emma and I talk about Sophie coming!!!