Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pay Back

I have always been an early riser - with the exception of college, but who is an early riser in college? However, when I was younger I was always up by 6:30am and ready to eat right away. This meant that I had to wake my mother up to feed me. When I was old enough she would tell me when this hand on the clock gets to the 7 then you can come get me, but until then play in your room if you wake up. Well, I didn't think this was such a great idea so I would go and stand over her until she woke up. I didn't 'wake' her up I was just standing there. However, one time I did try literally pulling her eye lids up, ha! Well, I think that I am about to get paid back for this!! I can count 2 times in the past 5 months that I have actually slept later than 7. Even on my days off I'm usually wide awake at 6-6:30. My mom suggested one day that this might be the time that Sophia will wake up. She said she hasn't heard any scientific research backing this theory, but she has heard that the baby's 'clock' will start waking you up even when she is in utero. This makes sense - unfortunately! I will try to lay there and go back to sleep, but I'll be SO hungry that I HAVE to get something to eat. A good part of the time once I eat I can go back to sleep for an hour or two. Anways...I thought this was a good story for a day that I woke up at 5am :0).

Now for a little updating...
Last week I had a stomach virus...it was horrible. You know when you lie there and try to not move AT ALL because you are so nauseas? Well, that was me except I have these little legs and arms that were moving all over the place. I was miserable. Thankfully, I didn't have a fever, and the doctor gave me some medicine to ease the nauseousness. I am feeling SO SO much better!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday and she said that everything looks great and that I am progressing very well for this being my first child. I will go in on Sunday night and they will start to induce me. I probably won't actually deliver her until the next day though. The next time I write I will probably have a baby...YAY!

No comments: