Monday, January 12, 2009

On my own...

Well, every one that came to visit Sophie left today...all at once. It has definitely been a sad day. My mom had been with me for almost 3 weeks (she missed some days while she was with my grandfather) so I am really feeling the void of her not being here!! Not only was she such an incredible help and blessing with Sophie, but we had a blast together during her visit! I am blessed to have such a terrific, caring, and fun mother! She definitely has become my best friend...which is why I'm praying that she'll move closer :0)!

Sophie has been having stomach problems which make her restless and uncomfortable. It is the hardest thing to watch because there is nothing I can do to make it go away. All I can do is hold her and try to bring as much comfort to her as possible. She's sleeping away on her daddy's chest right now. I'm so thankful because she has not been able to sleep longer than 45 minutes at a time today. Hopefully she (and I) will be able to get some sleep tonight!

Yesterday was Sophie's first time at church and also her dedication. What an experience!! I got up at 7:45 because I knew that it was going to take some time to get myself and her dressed. Boy, I had no idea just exactly how much time it would take!! It took 3 people - Joe, my mom, and myself - from 7:45 to 10:30 to get ourselves and her dressed! AND we were still late for church. Sophie looked beautiful though and was so good during church :0)! She did get hungry at one point, but luckily I was able to tell this up by her noises and was able to get out before she was crying. I could not get out of there faster! I was so afraid that I was going to be that mom where the baby is screaming and every one is watching her leave. There was two other moms in the cry room and it was a lot of fun sitting in there with them! I have to admit that I felt cool sitting in there feeding and talking about our babies, ha, I know, I'm such a dork! I just love being a mom!! Here are some pictures of Sophie's big day!

2 comments:

vramey said...

You and Joe are such great parents! I am proud of you two!!!!!

I had such a wonderful visit and I, too, am praying and asking God about us moving back to Florida.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Your baby is precious. You guys will be great parents.