Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our first week...and a day :0)

Our first week was great! We have been very blessed so far because Sophie has been sleeping really well. She typically only wakes up 2-3 times a night to feed and goes right back to sleep. She does have a fussy time for about an hour between any where from 9pm-11pm. She has started to open her eyes more and stay awake longer during the day. I absolutely love it because she will just lay there and look around. I'm starting to learn her noises and actually sleep :0).

On Sunday we received a call that my grandfather had collapsed at church and was unconscious. My mom left immediately to be with him. They thought at first that he had either a heart attack or a stroke, but it turned out that he had a heart aneurysm. He had emergency surgery that night, and it went extremely well! He is doing better than the doctors expected. Sunday was definitley a trying day because I am very close to my grand parents. I HATED that I could not be there for him and the rest of my family. I am so thankful that he is going to be ok. I do ask that you will remember him in your prayers! He has a long recovery ahead of him.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sophia is precious! I'm happy to have found your blogs. Hope all is well with your grandfather.