Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Growing up so fast

Sophie started on rice cereal this week. Eating has never been a problem for her. She LOVES it. With in the hour of her being born she was eating, ha! She didn't have a problem latching/sucking and she didn't have a problem with swallowing the rice. Of course, some of it came out as she was eating it, but my mom says that's to be expected. You'll see in the pictures that her little face is covered with rice cereal.







There are a few things that Sophie has started doing that is precious/hilarious/scary:

1. Talking - she has started talking and hasn't stopped...wonder where she gets that from :0). Joe says that he is surrounded by talking women, ha! Every morning for the last couple of days I have been woken up by her talking. I will walk in there and she'll be examining her hands while talking to them. She'll spot me and give me the biggest grin! I LOVE it...these are the most precious moments of being a mom!! I always hoped that Sophie would be a morning person because I am. Mornings are when I'm my most cheerful (which some people may find annoying if they aren't morning people :0)!) and it seems that this is true for Sophie as well.
2. Playing - she is so playful and social. I love it until it's time for her to go to bed or take naps. Like her ol' mom she doesn't like to miss a thing and finds it's problematic to sleep if there are things going on around her. She doesn't like to miss a thing. She has a butterfly on her activity mat that I think she considers her best friend :0). (Good job, Dad, at discovering this) Anytime someone will grab the butterfly she'll grab it too as if saying, "Excuse me, that's mine".
3. Eating her hands - she definitely has discovered her hands. She LOVES shoving them in her mouth...as far as she can. A couple of times she has gagged herself. This is what is scary. Now I've had to watch her closely so that I can catch her before this happens.

2 comments:

Sarah Holland said...

Oh my goodness she is just too cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. She looks older already and I've only been gone a few days! Good thing I'm coming back soon :)

Anonymous said...

SHE LOOKS SO GROWN-UP!!! Oh, you have to come visit us!

She is starting cereal really early! Does your dr. recommend that for everyone or is it b/c of her digestive problems?
I feel like maybe I've asked you this before. I can't remember.