Thursday, October 13, 2011

Big girl food

Today we had Elle's 9 month check up. Along with her follow up for her ears. All clear, thank the Lord! I talked to the doctor about Elle not being interested in baby food anymore. Which, btw, came at a really inconvenient time since I had just ordered two huge cases of Earth's Best baby food. He said to go ahead and start giving her "our food"; whatever I make for us just cut up in small pieces for her to test. I came home and researched all the best finger foods for babies. After some research I whipped her up some whole wheat pasta and bananas. She didn't want it. The second she saw my chili she could barely contain herself. She was trying her darnedest to get to my food. Why is it that Mama's food always looks better than their food to kids?? This could be a great diet plan - two babies both eating my food! I went ahead and gave her some since the doctor gave me the ok. She loved it. She couldn't get enough of it! She seriously ate at least a quarter of it.

I remembered later that I wanted chili almost everyday for a period when I was pregnant with Elle. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Have any other Mamas noticed that their babies like what they craved when pregnant with them? I wanted pizza with Soph and she could eat it every day if I let her!


It started off so picture perfect!


Obviously she was not crazy about it!

This is much better, Mama!


I'm telling ya, she devoured it!


She also started juice recently. Ans she loves it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omgosh, that is hysterical! The picture perfect to "what the heck is this?!" photos cracked me up.

Also: "This could be a great diet plan - two babies both eating my food!" bahaha!