Monday, October 24, 2011

Last week was one heck of a week! So much so that it has taken until now to write about it, ha! It wasn't that a huge amount of terrible things happened. It was just little things here and there that had us all as wound up as a pressure cooker! If I could sum up the week with one word it would be draining. I know y'all could care less about all that happened so this is mainly for the grandparents and my memory. Some of the highlights:

- locking myself out of the house with the girls INSIDE. Joe had to pretty much shut down the branch to come let me in. Thank God I had my cell phone! And thank God they were asleep! Although if they were awake Soph could've let me in.

- Elle fell out of her highchair. This obviously was the worse! She was ok, but it scared us all! She only fell about two feet and onto her side. Thankfully she didn't hit her head! I've noticed that her highchair wasn't making the clicking sound when it locks but it felt secure so I thought it was ok. Well, I guess it wasn't locking because it just let loose. I was right there and able to get her quickly, but it did really scare me!

- Mine, mine, mine. Is all I hear. All.day.long. Sophie is still having some difficulties with sharing. Everything Elle touches Sophie tries to take it. And Elle gets mad. I swear she comes and fusses to me about it. She just crawl right up to me and fuss away like she is letting her sister have it!

- Both girls are teething and it has been a nightmare!

- Sophie has been getting "scared" lately. She says there are monsters in her closet. I don't know where she even got this from! Is it just programmed into kids to be scared of monsters in their closets? Joe says it's from Monsters, Inc., but I'm not sure. She hasn't seen that movie in ages! One night this week I was freaked out because I could've sworn I heard someone walking around our house. I open my eyes and I'm face to face with Sophie. I nearly peed my pants. She said she was scared so she crawled into bed with us. Joe thought that was fun. Not.

- Soph has discovered she can get out of her room at night. I am not a fan of this! She has also discovered that she can climb in Elle's crib. Also not a fan of this! I was woken up to Elle screaming this morning. I go running and knew immediately what was going on. Soph had turned on the light, climbed in bed with Elle, and was trying to pick her up. Bless her heart, that is an awful way to be woken up! I'm thinking that we may have to put a gate outside of Soph's door! Did I mention that this happened at 5:30am? I'm not sure about y'all, but I still consider that to be the middle of the night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word: "I could've sworn I heard someone walking around our house. I open my eyes and I'm face to face with Sophie. I nearly peed my pants."
I am dying laughing at this!!!!! and the image of Sophie crawling into Elle's crib. Oh Lord. Too funny.