Monday, November 10, 2008

I had such a great, great weekend! It was Lee’s homecoming so I headed up to Cleveland on Friday. My mom, sister, neice, and Aunt all went as well. A dear friend of my sister’s was kind enough to let us stay at her house since she was away. We were all so appreciative of this because a hotel would not have been as comfortable. I have not seen Emma since she was a couple weeks old so I was DYING to see her!! When I arrived on Friday she was suppose to be sleeping so I went to peek in on her. Well, she wasn’t sleeping. She was just standing up in her bed hanging out. Of course I snatched her up and loved all over her!! I’m going to do a brief time line because I’m sure you’re not interested in all the details…

Friday:
1) Went to Jenkins (a local restaurant in Cleveland with the BEST food) for lunch
2) Went to Jenkins for dinner, Ha!, with Arhmin, Cameron, Jessica, Katie, and Abby
3) Went to the DZT Alumni Association meeting. I was so impressed and proud with how well it was put together! Very classy (as always)
4) Went to Katie and Abby’s – realized what an old lady I am because I was struggling to stay awake!

Saturday:
5) Went to the DZT Breakfast
6) Went to the basketball game
7) Went to the DZT vs. Sigma game with my mom and aunt
Sunday:
8) Went to lunch with my family
9) Met up with Sarah Corder Holland to do maternity pictures – which she did a fabulous job as always!!
10) Went to the mall and got more bows for Sophie
11) Sarah and I went to dinner with Arhmin and Steve

Here are some pictures from this weekend.

My mom and aunt were in Sigma...I tried to teach them the DZT/Sigma hand sign

Breath taking!!

I miss these girls so much!!

DZT Alumni

Frick and Frat together again!

The trip home was interesting! I flew Allegiant Air and they charge you $30 per bag you check. Of course, to save this money I brought a carry on. Well, I board the plane and start looking for space in the bins overhead. There is absolutely no room!!! Every single bin was packed. So I politely ask the flight attendant what I should do. She yanks my bag from me and tells me that they are going to have to check my baggage and then asks for my card number because I will be charged $35. I was in shock! I told her that it was fine if they needed to check my bag, but I would not be charged because they did not have the space available! She told me that I could walk to down the aisle then and try to fit it in some where. This was where I become a little frustrated! I said, “Sure, it doesn’t matter that I’m eight months pregnant.” So I take my bag and start down the aisle. A precious girl behind me takes my luggage and says how ridiculous the attendant’s attitude was. Another flight attendant comes up and says that I would not be charged and he will check my bag for me. A couple minutes later the same flight attendant that told me I would be charged starts yelling at this woman that she has to go talk to the pilot about this. I didn’t know what was going on, but this woman’s attitude was getting on my last nerve!! She comes back and I over hear her telling a woman that she has to move to the back of the plane. Apparently, this woman was feeling nauseas. The woman proceeds to tell the flight attendant that she doesn’t want to move to the back of the plane because she feels more claustrophobic in the back. The flight attendant replies that the only option she has is either not fly or go to the back of the plane. Ok, this is when I start to get furious because the woman that the flight attendant is talking to stands up and she is a feeble elderly woman who was having a difficult time even walking. At this point the attendant turns to another person on the plane and says, “I know that I’m being a Bi*@%, but I just can’t help it.” This is no lie! She honest to goodness said this!! She better be glad that I was not close enough to her because I would not have been able to restrain my words! Needless to say I am going to call Allegiant Air to make sure that they know about this incident and that if this is how their attendants manage themselves then I would not be flying with them! It was completely unprofessional!! You NEVER curse at customers!!! Not to mention that she didn’t even try to help this woman to the back of them plane.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Aww...I wish so bad I could have gone this year. I miss all those girls so much. Glad you got to see them. You look great.

Erica said...

Homecoming looked like so much fun! I have to say, though, I really feel your pain on this flight attendant story!!! Traveling so much, I have had some crazy incidents too. Isn't it just ridiculous?? Whatever happened to customer service??

Meagan said...

Sara...I don't know how you held yourself back. I think you're a better woman than I am. How rude!!!!!!!!!!!!! On a happy note...your homecoming pics are great, and you are just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!