Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable! I have had a GREAT pregnancy! I know that I am blessed and that compared to some women what I’m dealing with is a piece of cake. None the less, I am uncomfortable. I can’t stand, sit, or lie down for extended periods of time. Of course, this makes sleeping very difficult, which then makes me even more emotional (if that’s possible). I get exhausted at the simplest task and I’m ALWAYS hot! I totally understand the episode of FRIENDS where Rachel is at the end of her pregnancy and is hot so she wears the shirt that shows her belly. I’m to that point. I’m hot, things are too tight, my feet are starting to swell permanently I’m afraid, I have to take breaks while putting on my shoes because I can’t bend over for that long, and I’m waddling. Oh, and the high light is that she gets her little foot going up and down my side so fast that it literally tickles me. Yes, tickles me. I didn’t even know that was possible! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve LOVED being pregnant!! I am so thankful that I’ve had this experience! However, I will say that I’m glad I’m towards the end! I’ve heard that I’ll miss being pregnant and feeling her move, and I’m sure I will! I am starting to count the weeks though!

My friend Julie, who is the exact same week as me, wrote a blog about what people should never say to a pregnant woman. I have to admit that I found it a bit comforting that people had said the same things to her because she is such gorgeous pregnant woman and looks amazing! Not that I’m would wish these emotions on any one, but there is some thing about comfort in numbers! Knowing that there is some one else out there that feels what you feel. Anywho…you’ll have to check out her blog http://juliemariejohnson.blogspot.com/! Her blog inspired me to write down some of the things that people have said to me…
1) As they walk into my office, look at my belly, and with WIDE eyes said, “WOAH!! It’s only been a couple weeks since I’ve seen you”
2) “Hunny, you’ve gotten a lot fatter than the last time I’ve seen you”
3) “When are you due? Are you sure it’s not twins?!”
4) “WOW…you’re getting really big!”
5) “Oh look, you’re feet are starting to swell…and your ankles”

On a better note…I feel peace about labor! Thankfully! I was real nervous there for a while! I think that it is something that you have to mentally prepare for as well! Or at least I did! I feel like I can do it though, which is good since it’s coming rather I’m ready or not! The doctor said that she would not be surprised if Sophie made an early appearance. I won’t get into details, but I will say that things are progressing for labor!! From what I hear labor is so unpredictable though! It’s one of those uncontrollable things! So we’ll see her when she decides it time for us to :0)!

No comments: