Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shower Time

Last night was our first shower for Sophie. My mother in law put it together and did such a great job! It truly was so meaningful to see people come and be excited with us! A precious woman touched both Joe and I beyond words last night with her gift. I hope this doesn’t embarrass her, but I have to share the story because there is nothing more valuable to me then her gift! Her name is Sister Wallace. She is 98 years old and is probably as close to a Saint as they come! She NEVER misses church and always has the sweetest smile on her face! She gave us some money for our gift and I know for her it was a sacrifice. Honest to goodness, I have never been more touched in my life. I couldn’t help but tear up because I was so moved! She didn’t have to give anything to us! Her simply being there already made my night! Joe and I talked about it on the way home and decided that we’re not going to spend the money. I’m going to try and think of some creative way to keep it. I want to be reminded of this godly woman who always gave. I want to be reminded of this as I raise my daughter and I pray that this will be a blessing over Sophie’s life.

Here are some pictures from our fun night! I love all the pink!!


This child has so many shoes and she isn't even born yet!



Isn't this rocking horse amazing?! My good friend Brittany made it! It matches her room PERFECT!


Every little girl needs a tutu!

A dear lady in the church made these by hand. I think they are precious!

Joe and I with my in laws...love them!

We had to play the game where they had to guess how big my belly was, so I was showing them how big I was

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that story! That truly is precious. Give and it shall be given to you, pressed down and shaken together... that's what her actions make me think of (that both of you are being blessed; you probably encourage her in ways you don't even know, which is why she wanted to invest in your little girl!). When people give like that from their heart, it really is such an encouragement. I know I felt like that with several of our baby gifts, too.

I LOVE those leopard shoes with pink trim!

And I cannot wait to see you, little friend. I couldn't believe it when I saw how big Sophie is getting! I can't believe that's my baby sister having a baby!
xoxo