Tuesday, October 28, 2008

December 29...the BIG day!!

My doctor told me yesterday that he would induce me on December 29. Yikes…some how putting an actual “birth” day on Sophie makes this whole thing even more factual! To me becoming a mother has been a process. Just like getting married was. It becomes realistic in stages. Well, the doctor telling me that he was going to induce me really brought it home! It is so exciting, nerve wracking, and so many other emotions – which let me tell you – the emotions have been flowing!! I am still not 100% sure that I will be induced. I am going to do some thorough research before I make my final decision. There is no way I would ever want to put her at higher risk for complications. The good thing is that I trust my doctors (They did my surgery last October and were tremendous during that whole ordeal!) and do not think that they would be doing this if it would be potentially harmful to the baby or me. I still am going to research it because I don’t think that it is wise to trust blindly either. I need to know for myself that she will be ok if they were to induce me early. So we shall see…

The first big item for Sophie came yesterday…her stroller and car seat…YAY! It’s so cute! The car seat is heavy though! I am going to have some guns carrying the seat AND her! Below are pictures of Joe putting together the first of many things for Sophie! I think that he was just as excited to put it together as I was to get it; which says something because my husband isn’t one to get excited about many things. Well, he does get excited; he just isn’t one to show it (probably because he has to keep me from getting too ecstatic about things :-)!!). However, he has been so outwardly excited about Sophie! It’s been great to watch! He has going to be an amazing father!

Working hard...Ok, so it wasn't that hard to put together :-)

Does he not look like such a proud daddy!

I thought I would include a picture of the car seat...the stroller has the same green bubbles. We wanted to get a car seat that we could use with the next baby too, so we had to go with one that would work for a girl and a boy!

6 comments:

Jules said...

No way!!! That is the same exact car seat and stroller we registered for!!! That's crazy. Congrats on the induction date. How do they already know that, by her size? Just curious.

vramey said...

It is so exciting to see the stroller. Thanks for posting pictures of Joe putting it together. This nine months is just flying by. December 29--I will be there with bells on!

Meagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meagan said...

Is that a peg perego??? I remember Lindsey Mills telling me how great they were! I'm so happy that you'll have Miss Sophie soon!!!!!

The Quesenberry Family said...

Yeah, it is a peg perego!! I've only heard good things about that brand!! I can't wait to use it :-)!

Recipes from the Lombard Clan said...

That is so funny that Meagan said she heard about peg perego from me and here I am posting about it. Ha ha! I do love my peg perego! I have the orange one and love it. Now, the carrier is heavy! But it is worth it because it is so nice and will last you throughout all your kiddos. I am going to be busting mine out pretty soon for Micah! The stroller is so light and you can pop it open with one hand!
On another note...I was induced and had a GREAT experience. Granted, I know that not everyone has the best experience with it. However...just believe that God will give you wisdom on what to do and believe for a great labor and delivery and you will have one!! Yay that she is almost here!
Lindsey Mills