Saturday, October 11, 2008

7 months?!?!

Yesterday I entered my third trimester. I truly can not believe that I am 28 weeks!! (My doctor says that I'm seven months, but I think technically I'm 6 1/2 months.) It feels like just yesterday I was holding the stick in my hand in utter disbelief! I'll recap the story of that fateful night for those who have not heard it...

To start off with I had noticed that I was experiencing an exhaustion that I had never experienced in my life!! I had actually just told my mom to please pray for me because I thought something was wrong with me because I was exhausted in a way that I had never been before. Of course, this worried my mother. Well, I then realized that I was a couple days late. It was a Tuesday morning when I text Joe to tell him that I was late. He said not to worry about it, but if I had not started by Thursday we would go get a pregnancy test. I knew he was right, I shouldn't worry about it. Well, as the day progressed I became more and more preoccupied with the fact that I STILL had not started, so I decided on the way home to get a test. Joe was studying for a big final that he had the next day so I went on to take the test. Never in my life to I expect what I was about to see...it was POSITIVE. I came flying out of the bath room, ran into Joe's office, and just stood there looking like a wild animal I'm sure! Joe's eye got huge and he just said, "Really?" I immediately said, "I've got to call my mother." Side note...I think it's funny how even though I'm 24 years old I still think that my mother has the answers to everything! I hope Sophie feels like that with me :-)! Back to the story...when she picked up I didn't even bother to say hello. I went straight into, "Mom, how accurate are pregnancy tests?" She said, "Umm...pretty accurate. Why?" "Because I just took one and it's positive" Which I then proceeded to burst out in tears while she laughed hysterically. I told her to stop laughing, it wasn't funny. I spent the rest of the night between going in between laughter and tears.

It's funny looking back on that now!! Obviously, Sophie was unexpected,but I wouldn't trade this timing for anything in the world! Because of all the female problems I had I was scared to death that I wouldn't be able to have children. I prayed that God would allow me to them! That's why I treasure this opportunity! I didn't know if I would ever have it. Because of this I get really fired up when a few people have said something about it being an accident. One woman even went as far as to say that her son and daughter in law where taking all the right precautions so that they wouldn't become pregnant. Let me tell you right now it took all the restraint I could muster not to give her a piece of my mind!! First of all, God doesn't create accidents and we Christians should be the first to defend this, Secondly, we never know what people have in their hearts (for instance, I had the fear that I would never have children), and thirdly, Joe and I did take proper precautions. God just knew that it was time for Sophie to come into being!! As you can see I feel very passionate about this :-)!

Last night I had a dream that I had the baby, but it turned out to be boy in stead. Of Lord, I would die if this happened!! Could you imagine?! Poor child would have a very girly room to come home to! I actually said that in my dream. However, I will glady welcome the four hour labor that I had in my dream :-)!

1 comment:

Erica said...

haha Sara, I love your story! It's awesome! I can't wait to talk to you more about all of this pregnancy stuff when I come visit! :) By the way, read my comment back to you on the Celebrity Look Alike post! I should have just commented on here, but I didn't. To sum it up, I really really hope you and I do look alike, and I'm glad we share some of the same "look alikes" but I also think that you look like two celebrities that I don't...and I'm jealous. :)