Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where is the sunshine

So today has not been the best of days. It started off by me opening my email and finding out that I had not won the most fabulous diaper bag ever! I’ll start from the beginning of the story. I LOVE Kate Spade bags! Oh, they are just the most beautiful bags in the world I think! So my mom told me that she would get me a Kate Spade diaper bag. I was ecstatic to say the least. I found one that I loved. It was a little boyish, which was perfect since I felt that I was having a boy, Ha! When I found out that we were having a girl I set out on a quest to find a new Kate Spade diaper bag. Since I am a very girly girl, I wanted to have a girly diaper bag (especially since we are having Sophie!!). Surprisingly I could not find a Kate Spade diaper bag that really fit what I was looking for. I did not have specifics of what I wanted, but I knew that I would know it when I saw it. Well, I am starting to become a little bit of an ebay-holic. I decided to browse the Kate Spade diaper bags just to see what they had. Low and behold…I had found THE diaper bag. AND to make things even better it was at a great price since it was on ebay! I put a bid on it immediately (Well, immediately after calling my mom to tell her that I had found the perfect diaper bag)! Since we were still 5 days out from the end of the bidding I just knew that the price would sky rocket since it was such a cool bag! IT DIDN’T!!! The bag stayed at the price the whole time…Well, up until at least an hour before the bidding ending, which was when I decided to go to bed. I had a feeling that I should stay up just in case, but as I have mentioned in other posts, sleep has become the most important thing to me these days so I went on to bed. I was so excited to check my email this morning that I could barely stand it!! I opened my email and saw that I had been outbid by $2.50. TWO DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS!!! Being the pregnant woman that I am I immediately started crying! I know that this is such a silly thing to cry about which made me cry harder! It was a mess! Luckily, I slipped into my bosses office (he wasn’t in yet, THANK THE LORD!!) so that I would not have to explain to any one that I was crying over a diaper bag. I guess it just was not meant to be! I called Joe, and since he is a boy, he did not understand the big deal. “The prices always goes up at the end of the bid, so what did you expect?” he asked. Needless to say this did not help matters…I went back to the bosses’ office to cry some more. The fact that the weather outside is over cast does not help...what a dreary day all around! Below are pictures of the magnificent diaper bag.


1 comment:

Sarah Holland said...

Oh love! I'm sorry! It was very cute. When I am back home and have better internet access I will help you find the (second) perfect one if you want. Don't be sad :(