Thursday, September 3, 2009

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

I've mentioned in a previous post that Joe and I have been and are facing some challenging times. Not only with relationships, but other areas as well. One thing that I really struggle with is trusting God. Being the planner that I am I want to know the hows, whens, whats, etc. Well, I think that God is definitely teaching me to trust Him with our future. I know that He has a plan for Joe and I. I know He is able to work it out. The big struggle for me is having to faith to know that He WILL do these things. If that makes sense. One day I was really having a hard time and I heard this on the radio. I've heard it a million times and it's one of my favorite hymns - in fact I sing it to Sophie, but this time one particular verse stood out to me. I've highlighted which one it is.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, and to take him at his word; just to rest upon his promise, and to know, "Thus saith the Lord." Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him! How I've proved him o'er and o'er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus, just to trust his cleansing blood; and in simple faith to plunge me neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus, just from sin and self to cease; just from Jesus simply taking life and rest, and joy and peace.

I'm so glad I learned to trust thee, precious Jesus, Savior, friend; and I know that thou art with me, wilt be with me to the end.

This is such a powerful for verse! The writer was praying for grace to trust God more. I realized then that we're not alone in this. God understands the difficulty in trusting Him and He will give us the grace to do it.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

It is a beautiful song! Praying for you. If you need someone to agree with you specifically in prayer feel free to call anytime. Blessings.

Morton said...

That song is a personal favorite of mine as well, and I frequently sing it. That line "O for grace to trust Him more" has always stood out to me as well- for us planners, it is sometimes such a battle to just rest in Him. Let us trust Him more! I hope you are doing well. Your little gal is precious.

My Lil' Cupcake Boutique said...

Just to let you know how proud I am of you and Joe! You will come out vitorious as you are learning to lean on Jesus.