Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter "Doings"

This blog isn't about much. It's basically about Easter stuff. Call me a dork, but we are matching this year! I usually don't care for the idea of matching family outfits for church with the exception of Easter. Isn't that strange?! No other holiday do I feel the need to coordinate with the other members of our family. So why Easter? Who knows how this crazy mind works ;). Anywho...this year our color is golden yellow! Yay! I have a fabulous dress from Liberty of London that is golden yellow with white flowers. I LOVE it! I went to the local boutique to get Sophie's dress. I found a BEAUTIFUL white dress for her. It's not the typical smocked bishop I put her in, but it's still BEAUTIFUL!! And sooo sweet...with just enough sass! I got a golden yellow bow to coordinate with my outfit. Not that you guys really care, but Joe is going to be wearing black pants, white shirt, and you guessed it...a golden yellow tie :).

Tomorrow night I'm hosting my first ever family holiday dinner! YAY! I'm very excited about it. I LOVE having parties!!! So it's only going to be my aunt and uncle, but I'm still super happy to be having it! I'm sure I'll have pictures on Monday! I plan on making roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, biscuits, and coconut cake! All homemade...so basically I'll be in the kitchen most of the day tomorrow :)! I thought about making stuffing, but figured that may be a bit much for only 4 people and a baby, ha! Sunday we're heading to the in-laws!


Lastly, I have decided to give up my beloved tanning this year :(. Oh how I will miss it! Now, I'm not giving up going to the beach, pool, etc, because, hello, I LIVE in Florida, but I'm just going to be extra careful not to get too much sun. I LOVE to just lay in the sun for hours. I know how HORRIBLE it is for you and that it's got to stop...boo!! I am, however, going to sunless tan :). I tried it myself for the first time yesterday and it didn't turn out too bad. I had a REALLY embarrassing episode in college that involved being spray tanned...right before my first formal for my sorority. I was as orange as an oompa loompa!! And had as many spots as a cheetah! It was BAD!!! Wish I could dig up some pictures of that night, but I have no clue where to even start looking for them! Needless to say after that experience I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of using sunless tanning, but my heart went out to those who were being blinded by MY whiteness!! So with a quick tutorial from Erica I gave it a try! This morning I was a bit splotchy, but I was able to go back and fix some spots.


I will leave you with a picture of Sophie looking oh-so-Joe-like!

1 comment:

ErieContrary said...

I'm proud of you for self tanning! You won't be sorry when you are looking young and fine in 20 years! :)