Monday, September 12, 2011

Our week in review

I'm really starting to think that this blogger world has it in for me! Or maybe I'm just being a little paranoid. Either way I had to post all written out last night and one button was hit, and I have no clue what button it might have been, and it was gone. Like the wind. Maybe it was for the best. I was tired and it was boring.

Gracious, have both girls matured this week! Mamas out there, you know how there are just some days/weeks you look at your child and think, "Lord, you grew a foot last night!" Well, that was the week we had! Both girls seemed to mature physically, mentally, emotionally sooo much this week! Elle is not my little little baby anymore! And Sophie is definitely a little girl now. Gone are all resemblances of "babyhood". BTW, I feel like I made the word "resemblances" up. An unfortunate talent I seem to have gotten since my pregnancies.  

This weekend was a whirlwind! Saturday we went to two festivals and our church BBQ. Then on Sunday we had sunday school, church, and video/discussion/dinner that night. It was all a ton of fun, but exhausting! I was ready to sit down and unwind with my guilty pleasure, Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Alright, I'm writing a book so I'll wrap it up. Here are pictures from this week...


Soph is such a natural little Mama! Always taking care of her babies.


The other morning as I was fixing breakfast Sophie gathered all her "friends" and brought them to the table to dine with her


Dad and Teddie do such a great job of sending the girls gifts to let them know that they're thinking of them. Well this last package was a hit! They send Soph a book where you can dress the Princess' up. She loved it and did it for hours! Such a fashionista!


This was at festival number 1. Better known as "country days". It's back in Butcher Town holler. Not to be confused with Butcher holler where Loretta Lynn is from. My Uncle and Aunt own some land out there. You'll never find sweeter, more giving people. Ever. You'll also never find better southern cooks! So yum! 


Listening to some bluegrass.


This is my grandmother who Elle is named after. Ellie Faye and Nellie Faye.




Now we're at festival two. I'm pretty sure this was Sophie's favorite part of the day! This child loves animals!




I was shocked when Sophie said she wanted to ride the horse! This poor child is painfully cautious! If there is the least bit of danger she won't go near it! Not the case here though. She hopped right on and never even winced! I gotta say that she was quite a natural! Even the horse lady, not sure what else to call her, said it



We ended the day with some face paint!

No comments: