Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We had such a great visit with Joe's family this past weekend (Pics to follow soon)!! We don't get to see them as much as we would like, so this was a nice treat! They are hilarious (I always admire people with a sense of humor because, unfortunately, I'm not that funny, but I wish I was)! They put this new mother right to ease the second I saw them! I am starting to look at dates to head up there since Joe's Papa was not able to come see Sophie.

My mom read me this article that she saw in a magazine about new mothers. I felt like they were telling mine and Joe's story! From being self conscience about the body that giving birth has given me to the crying in the middle of the night because I am just so tired. The article helped me realize that these feelings/emotions are experienced by most new mothers! I wish this was something that more people talked about. I knew that it was going to be an adjustment, but didn't really have an idea of what to expect. The good news is that I feel like things are getting back to normal. Well, as normal as can be with an infant :0)! I lost the cord to my camera that transfers the pictures so we will have to wait on those. Hopefully, I can figure something out soon! I keep taking pictures, but it's not really doing much good if I can't share them!

No comments: