Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Highlights of the week

Once again I have lots of updates. I will section them so it is not so confusing/random…

House –

We are officially moved in!! YAY! We are still working on putting everything away and hope to have it completely finished by this weekend. My mom is coming in town and she is seriously super woman when it comes to unpacking/decorating! I do not think that I could do this with out her help! This is probably sad to many since I am 24 and about to become a mother myself, but sometimes a girl just needs her mom. This is one of those times. It has been difficult because I think that I can accomplish what I did before I was pregnant. I am the type that wants to get everything done and I will not rest until it is. I can not do that now. I have to pace myself, ask for help, and recognize that I have limitations. Not saying that I am an invalid, but there are simply things that I can and should not do. To say the least it was a challenging weekend from that aspect. I think it was good for me though. I had to depend on people to help me. And as much as my husband might disagree because I do not have a problem asking him for help, I do have a difficulty asking others. God will take any opportunity He can to stretch us.




Baby –

Oh my word, Sophie is growing like a weed! Every night when I get home from work Joe proceeds to tell me that my belly has grown even bigger that day. Never in my life did I ever think I would hear the words, “Baby, your belly is getting so round” from my husband; at least not with out him getting hit. Her nursery has turned out just as a hoped!! I can not wait to get everything in there and to put up her decorations! It is such a fun room! I hope she loves it!!

(We still have to finish the top part of the walls.) We painted 3 walls this color. And...

Then one wall with polka dots. This is the wall where her crib will be





Hair –
I cut my hair…short! And I LOVE it!! Maybe it is the pregnancy hormones speaking, but I think it is one of the best decisions I have made lately! My hair is growing at an incredible rate and I have so much of it that it was just all over the place. I was constantly putting it up so that it was off my neck. I went to Katie Sharer, soon to be Buston, and she did a phenomenal job! If any of ya’ll live close to the vicinity of PC or plan on visiting me you should definitely make an appointment with her! I have a phobia of layers since I have had so many people completely hack my hair up, but I have finally found someone who can actually cut layers! I know that you probably think that I am dramatizing this, I probably am or maybe it is my hormones, but I am just so happy with the cut!

I did not actually fix it this day. Another great thing about this hair cut...low maintenance!

The side view.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Sara, I love your hair!! You can pull any look off, and it amazes me!

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut, and love the painted walls!!! Sophie's going to love it (once she's old enough to see in color, that is...;)
I think the color in your room is so warm. Mmm, it makes me want to curl up with a good book and hot tea.

Sarah Holland said...

Holy cow, LOVE your haircut! And you already know I love the house :)

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I love the hair & the house!!! Please decorate my nursery when I have a baby!! :) it's AWESOME! If she doesn't like it, I'll move in :)