Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Random thoughts for the day

*Disclaimer…this is going to be an extremely random blog. Instead of doing several different blogs today I am going to put them all into one. I will title them so that it may not be too confusing.

Anti-War protestors protest by vandalism…WHAT?!?!?!

Last night I was watching the news. Of course they were covering the Republican National Convention and they were doing a story on protestors in St. Paul that were protesting the war. How else were they protesting for peace but by violence? You know, because this makes perfect sense. I sat there OUTRAGED because they were breaking in windows of innocent businesses, pushing over trash cans, and violating the boundaries in which the police had allowed them to protest. Please do not get me wrong I am not upset because they were protesting because thankfully in America we still have the right to a voice. I am exasperated because these protestors are inflicting violence for peace. Where in the world is the sense and RESPECT in this? I sat there watching thinking, “I’m so glad that I personally have people that are very dear to me over in Iraq FIGHTING and RISKING their lives every second so this little punk can have the freedom to bust in a window of an innocent person.” I still can not seem to wrap my mind around how these kids justified their actions. I’m honestly in complete shock at the illogic of it! Maybe they are against the war for different reason than peace. I still do not think violence is the correct way to receive validity for their concerns about the war.

Onto a more trivial matter compared to the one above…

Maternity Clothes

I can not seem to find cute maternity clothes any where. It’s either they are moderately priced yet horrific or they are incredible expensive and some what cute. Most of the articles of clothing that I have found are patterns and materials that I would never wear if I was not pregnant. I think that if anything maternity clothes should be amazingly fabulous because you have enough to deal with body image wise while you are pregnant. They do have a lot more cute casual clothes than dressy. The work clothes leave A LOT to be desired. Even Ann Taylor (Which I was ecstatic to find out had maternity clothing because it is one of my favorite stores) does not have a very wide selection of fashionable items. Even A Pea in the Pod, as EXPENSIVE as it is, does not have too many desirable items. So if there are any other women who have experience this crisis as well I would greatly appreciate your feedback and if you found any places that had cute, reasonably priced maternity clothing.

2 comments:

Recipes from the Lombard Clan said...

Ok...so I totally agree about maternity clothes! BUT, my sister has been pregnant 4 times. She just passed down all her maternity clothes to me. And they are really cute. Most of them come from Old Navy Maternity...which I personally think are pretty cute and reasonably priced. The only thing is that not every Old Navy carries maternity in store and if they do the selection is not great. I, personally, do not like to order online(especially being preggo). I don't know though...your body is so different from everyone elses too when you are pregnant. So, not everything looks good on everyone...which stinks!!! UGH! The thing that stinks is I LOVE being pregnant...but I want to look cute too. Oh well...5 more months to go. :) Seee ya!
Lindsey Mills

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I was thinking the same thing about the protestors. It's ridiculous!! On the way to work this morning a radio station asked the protestors to call in & explain themselves...I got to work before I heard anyone call in! :(