Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Retiring

A sad day has come…I have to retire my high heels. I have worn my 4in stilettos up until this point in my pregnancy. Not everyday of course, but more than I should have. Any one remotely close to me knows how I love my heels. Even on my most frumpy feelin’ days I will throw on a pair of heels and magically feel better. It is like I am saying to the world, “I may look and feel like I have been ran over by a train, but at least I have cute heels on”. However, the other weekend while I was at the beach I noticed a very small spider vein on the crease of my knee. It is not noticeable to any person except me, but it was still there; making its presence known to me like a bright hot air balloon. After researching a bit I discovered that wearing heels during a person’s pregnancy can cause these veins to occur. It has something to do with the pressure on the veins. I realized then that my suffering through the pain and aching of wearing heels was not the only problem. So I made the hard decision to put my heels to rest until after Sophie is born (with the exception of a few special occasions).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's tough now, but I think you'll be glad you made this decision when your legs still look hot post-pregnancy and you can go back to wearing heels (well, once you learn to balance baby -- which won't take too long!)

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

At least ballet flats are just as cute and very "in." If you ever think those heels need a permanent home I'll take good care of them :)

Jules said...

Hey girl. I'm right there with ya! Only heels on Sunday. Are your feet also swollen by the end of the day? I also heard that crossing your legs causes those veins. Hope you're feeling good. Love ya.

vramey said...

But you are so cute in your Mary Janes!!!!