Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel

Well, we did it! The house is almost completely put together. We still have a few items to put on the walls, living room furniture to purchase, and mount the TV. There of course is still the nursery, but I was not planning on doing that until after my shower anyways. There is NO WAY that I could have accomplished any of this with out my mother!! I must say that it made me feel a ton better when my own mother admitted to feeling overwhelmed at the beginning! She amazes me at her ability to put houses together so quickly! Anywho…it feels so nice to come home to a house that does not have boxes all over the place!! Below are pictures of the finished products. I will post more when everything is complete. Sorry if ya'll are getting tired of hearing and seeing pictures about my house! It is just so excited to have a home that we actually own and is ours!!


This is the living room. It is not complete except for the curtains. We still have to get new furniture, put the TV up, and hand some more decorations. (Didn't my mom do a great job with the curtains? We stole the idea from the model :-))



This is the dining area.


The kitchen. It is hard to get a good picture of the kitchen.



This is my favorite room in the house (besides the nursery)! These pictures don't even do it justice! (You can see my pregnant belly in the mirror. Hasn't she grown?!?!)



Once again...the lighting/angles just do not do justice for it!!

We still have more items to hang on the walls in our bedroom, but at least our mantle is complete. I couldn't believe how much it brighten the room up! The color looks a lot better now that we have more stuff in the room!

Close up!

I LOVE being pregnant!! The bigger that Sophie gets the more of her movement I feel. She has been moving all the time now! Last week I was waking up at 4 in the morning and was not able to get back to sleep because I had the mile long list of things that needed to be done in the house on my mind. As irritating as it was, it was also some of the most precious moments that I have had with Sophie! I always feel her move, but normally I am busy concentrating on something else. When I was tossing and turning these mornings I realized that I had nothing else in these moments to do, but focus on the bumps, twirls, and bangs of Sophie moving. It truly was such a bonding moment with my daughter. I would not trade those sleepless mornings for anything!

I woke up this morning feeling HUGE! I know if there are any moms out there they are probably laughing out loud now and thinking, “Just Wait!” But I truly do feel huge. I knew that this point would come and was actually surprised when it took me as long as it did to show. You see I am a very stumpy person. There is about a foot between the highest point in my ribs to the lowest point on my belly. Not much room there for a baby to grow. So now I am starting to shoot straight out. Lord, I am not even going to be able to stand up at 9 months! Oh well, there is not point in worrying about it! There is nothing I can do except watch nature take it’s course and enjoy carrying my precious little daughter!

3 comments:

Sarah Holland said...

Your house is beautiful love! I'm a little jealous that you've lived in your house less than 3 weeks and its more decorated than the house I've lived in more than 3 years :) Haha!

Erica said...

The house looks great Sara!!! I can't wait to come see it!

Justin M. Johnson said...

Looking pretty GOOOOODDDD!!! Isn't ownership so amazing! It's just so great to know that you finally can call yourself homeowners.