Saturday, August 27, 2011

Horses and Quack Quacks

I swear that this blogger is trying to drive people crazy with the pictures! Why does it have to be so difficult at times?? I'm sorry, y'all are just going to have to deal with double photos. Ok, that part was my fault, but it takes too long to figure out how to delete them.

Tonight we went to the park to get out of the house! Sophie was sick yesterday and I felt like the fresh air would do her good. It was beautiful weather compared to how hot it had been today!

There had been some boys that were swinging from the handles and they were struggling a bit. They were trying with all their might to swing from one handle to another and while doing so they were making the grunting noises that comes with a physical struggle. BTW, I feel like that sentence was entirely too complicated! Lord, I'm not sure how else to explain it though! Anywho...when Joe held Sophie up to the handles she started doing this hilarious grunt/cough thing! I guess she thought that was how you do it! I love her precious face here!



This picture is great for so many reasons! 1) Joe's glasses! He has misplaced his others and these are his "safety" glasses that he uses to do yard work. 2) Joe's pose. Ok, there really isn't explaining that one! Except for the fact that he looks like he's about to attack someone. 3) This was probably Sophie's proudest moment. Ever. Hanging on all by herself.



Sophie looks miserable in all of the pictures these days. She hates having her picture taken. She's never really actually been a fan, but it's getting worse.




Like I said, absolute end of the world when the camera comes out. She was the happiest thing around until she saw it. Once she did, she hit the floor in sign of absolute protest. If she was standing you would see that she is sleeping beauty. She is loving to dress up these days. And she is becoming quite good at working those plastic heels! The girl can run a marathon in them! She did get some things from her Mama!



This is a picture of Elle crawling backwards. However, my computer went crazy. Or rather, is trying to drive me crazy.




Sophie was so sick last night! She was pitiful. It was either a stomach virus or a gas bubble. Either way it kept us up all night. This was at 4am once she started getting better. Her hair looks terrible because I wasn't about to try and fight her to brush it after all she had been through!


Mama got this horse for Sophie on her birthday and she looooves it! She'll ride it for hours (It's on rollers)! Friday she asked if Elle could get on with her. I thought it was sweet of her so I didn't want to discourage it! Mama and I were right there in case Elle were to slip. Sophie did a great job of holding her and going slow. Elle was having the time of her life! Of course, she loves anytime that her big sister shows her attention. She was eating it up!



Here is a little video of their ride!




Alright, I swear that Elle is talking! Twice she has said "mamamama" when reaching for me. The first time I simply thought it coincidence, but the second time even Joe thought she said it! Sometime with in the last couple days she started saying "quack quack". I'm sure she's just making noise, but it's hilarious! Now if I say it she'll repeat it! I was so happy when I caught it on video. Btw, she loves to be near the kitchen utensils! When I'm cooking I'll put her there and it'll occupy her for a good bit! Don't worry, I don't ever just leave her. I'm always right there! I can't promise that my meals don't have a little Elle slobber in them.


No comments: