Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Circus frenzy

We went to the Barnum and Bailey's circus on Sunday. I was soooo excited for Sophie to go. Well, I gotta be honest. It was a little anti-climatic! I got bored after the first 20 minutes so I can't even imagine how Sophie felt! All the kids around us were having melt downs so my guess is that they weren't really feeling it either!

After I got home I started researching how Barnum and Bailey treat their animals. Yes, I know that I should have done that before I purchased the tickets, but my honest thinking was "it's a huge, well known circus so surely they treat their animals kindly." I guess that's not technically the case. So I don't think that we'll ever be going to a circus again. And let me state that I'm not that big of an animal person. Please don't hate me after that statement! It's just who I am! But I don't like the idea of any thing being abused or mistreated!



Daddy and Sophie before the Circus.



Before the show they allowed people to get down and see the "acts". Joe and Sophie were able to get up close to the elephant. Joe said that Sophie just kept pointing to her dress which had an elephant on it as well. (She wore in zoo animal dress from Kelly's Kids)



All of these pictures are terrible quality!




Sophie was a champ and would clap when ever the crowd did! See the special cup she got? I'll be honest I think I was more excited about it than she was! When I went to the circus when I was little I got one and loved it! I was so excited for Sophie to have one too!



This morning I woke up to the sound of cows. I immediately knew that was not good. We don't have cows that close to us. Sure enough there were cows in the field behind our house. So we spent our morning trying to figure out how to get a hold of their owners! Our neighbors have a beautiful yard that they spend a ton of time in and they ended up eating some of their bushes. Our house also backs up to a golf course so we were nervous they were heading their next. They didn't though. Thankfully!



Sophie decided to take some pictures too!



Elle is just getting too big too fast! She loves to do big girl stuff! She is crawling backwards, but hasn't figured out how to go forward! I'm really not hurrying this along because I know my life will be much more complicated when she does! Sophie is not going to know what to do with her sister getting in her stuff!


Elle has been in a "mama only" stage these days! If she sees me, she wants me. If she doesn't see me, she's looking for me! I'm trying to enjoy every second because I know before long I'll be begging her to let me hold her! It does make trying to do things like cook dinner, clean the house, etc more interesting! And more than once we've broken out the moby wrap so that I could get things done!

No comments: