Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life these days...

Every Wednesday I take Sophie to story time at the library. Mama watches Elle so that Sophie and I can have "our time". I've done this since Elle was 2 weeks old. I wanted Sophie to know that even with a baby sister she still has a place with me!

I love our library! It has the neatest area of kids! And Ms. Libby, who directs story time, has the patience of Job! Some of those kids would do me in! But she just smiles and keep on reading! Love her!



Elle has been completely out of sorts! She is getting more teeth in and they must be killing her because every couple of minutes she is fussing. One thing that keeps her attention the longest is if I put her in her swing and turn on "Praise Baby". Which has basically been the baby whisperer with both my girls. Elle never actually lays back in her swing. A lot of times she'll chew away on the bar that has the toys.


Mama bought Sophie her first Barbie. She loves it and it has been added to her pile of toys that she sleeps with. I'm not sure why but she has been in this phase of looking like a deer caught in highlights when I take her picture. She's shy and doesn't like the attention on her. Maybe that's why.


I introduced Sophie to the world of tents today! She wasn't as crazy about it as I thought she would be. Oh well. She did love the train I made out of a box. Of course. Between her and Elle I'm pretty sure I walked/ran 10 miles in my own house today.


We ate strawberries while watching "Toy Story" in our tent.


Tonight we went to my Aunt's for dinner. I put my "sesame street" chicken on hold for another night. This is what I seriously told someone I was making. I was actually making sesame chicken. You know you have a toddler when that phrase comes out of your mouth! Anyways...Sophie has been into carrying her bag which I welcome seeing as how I'm usually carrying Elle in her carrier, the diaper bag, and Soph's things. It's about time she starts carrying her weight. Kidding!

No comments: