Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The "ickies"

Alright, y'all, I am getting serious about this blog! I have got to get on the ball with documenting our daily lives so that I can always remember each stage with the girls. There have been so many funny things that they have done and I've forgotten all of it. Already. It's terrible really! So every night I am going to sit down and write a little about our day. I'm sure most will find it boring. Some days I'll probably find it boring, too. But when I'm 80 I know that I'll cherish the memories. Here we go...

Today we've all felt a little "icky". I think it may be allergies. Unfortunately, both girls suffer with awful allergies! I never did until I came back to Florida from college in Tennessee. I sure hope whatever is causing these ickies doesn't come back tomorrow! It was a hard day! Both girls were extremely clingy. That's not very unusual for Sophie, but it is for Elle. Which is why I always hold her when she needs it! This sweet baby does not require much! She is honestly the best baby I've ever been around. It's rare for her to cry, but Lord have mercy, when she does it's pitiful! Just breaks your heart right on the spot.

With Elle wanting to be held I decided to break out the ol' wrap for her while I was preparing dinner. She's awfully wiggly so it didn't last long though... *these captions are a little confusing. I don't have the patience right now to fix it. I'll do better next time. :)*
So I busted out the teething biscuits! This was her first time having them and I think the were a hit judging by this....


She had it every where!! Which is why we did this next (in the middle of trying to prepare dinner)....



Bath time. In the kitchen sink. This is her new bathtub for the time being. It's much easier on my back!


Isn't there some crazy saying about washing the baby with the dishes. Or maybe that was a commercial. Either way it was hilarious. And obviously true in our house ;). Ok, not really, but I couldn't help but laugh at the picture! Look at how much hair Elle is getting. It's going to be dark - much darker than Sophie's!



Understandably, Sophie is having a hard time learning to share her toys with Elle. She loves her baby sister. As long as she doesn't get into her toys. Well, Elle is getting into her toys. So we have a new rule. If Sophie is playing with something she has to get Elle a toy too. Because "it's the nice thing to do". Well, tonight Momma (Nanny to the girls) gave Elle a toy. Sophie looked at her and said, "Nice, Nanny". We all cracked up! At least I know she is listening when I talk!


That's it for now. See y'all tomorrow night!

No comments: