Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Simplifying life

I am not a naturally organized person. My mother is, but unfortunately, I didn't inherit that. I discovered in college that I had ADD. This discovery transformed my life. Some how labeling it helped me to over come it. After each baby I've had to rediscover ways to help me stay focused, productive, and less overwhelmed! LISTS! I love making lists! I also love how this tiny piece of paper can really kick me into gear!

I also discovered this blog iheartorganizing. Love, love, love her! I'm sure it's pretty obvious since I've posted about her several times. Anyways. She gives great ideas on how to be more organized and to simplify your life! Which I'm sure we all could use more of! Plus seeing her house has given me the motivation to have MY house look like that! I have a long list of things that I need to conquer. And I'm doing it one item at a time! Here are some of my recent projects. Y'all are going to freak at the differences, ha!

Project #1: The Playroom

I'm pretty sure that the playroom is a headache for almost every Momma! Omw - I can't even describe the stress that this room caused me. It was an absolute wreck after about 5 minutes of Elle being in there. I needed storage where every toy would have a place. Plus I wanted easy clean up. Something that I could sweep in and do in 10 minutes or less every night.

Before pictures: (PS - this was after the girls had played in it. I/Joe would clean it every night which would take forever!!!)




After:





Project #2: My closet

I'll just let these pictures speak for themselves. There is no little person to blame this mess on. It's all me (and Joe).

I could never find anything that I needed. Obviously, you can see why.

Before:

After:

FYI - I got these cute bins at Wal-Mart. The cost $6 for a set of 2!


Project #3: Clean house

Ok, this is pretty general. This cleaning lists helps me stay focused on what needs to be done daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly. I purchased it from iheart's etsy shop and got the frame from Wal-Mart. I'm telling y'all, I'm obsessed!



Project #4: Freezer

Sorry, I forgot to take before pictures. Just imagine a huge mess.

All items with their food group. Fruits, vegetables, meats, etc.