Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Three years old - a little late

Sophia Grace



There is nothing that could have prepare me for all the emotions that filled me when they handed my sweet baby girl to me. I was nervous, happy, in awe, overwhelmed, and so much more. I remember being scared to death when my own Momma left us to go back home. I was completely overwhelmed. I cried and cried. I was going to miss her, but mostly I was anxious to be left alone with you. You taught me how to be a mother. I only hope that you're not too scarred from it ;).

I am so proud of you! You are smart, kind, gentle, and have such a beautiful spirit. You are passionate and care deeply for what you believe in. I can tell that already! This past year I have watched as you have developed more into a little girl than that precious baby you were. You are intent and mindful of what you do. You don't miss any details and watch everything. You think before you act. You have to be sure of whatever it is that you're about to do. I love to watch you play because everything has to be just right. You work so hard to make sure it is.

I love your giggle and sweet, delicate voice. I love how caring you are for people around you. I love how excited you get to learn new things.

I know that you will and can do anything you set your mind to.

You will face obstacles. You will make mistakes. You will do things that we would prefer you not. But that will never change the way that your Daddy and I look at you. It will never change how much we love you. You will always be our baby girl and there nothing that will ever change that.

I love you to the moon and back.

No comments: